The Farmhouse

Placed on top of a slight hill at the center of the estate, the old house at  the Agriturismo Le Spezie, with its unmistakable pink color, dates 1800.

The farm house has been subject to several subsequent renovations and expansions, however, it has maintained  intact its rural flavor of the past. 
Until the seventies the farmhouse was home to one of the many patriarchal farming families that counted up to forty members. 

The entire attic floor of the big house, as was the custom at one time, was used as the breeding of silkworms.

Worthy of note are the ancient stone stables with adjoining barn, already present in the Napoleonic cadastre.